Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: easycorebase
Large Easy-Core Coring Systems
14", 16", 18", 20" 22", 24" and 26" EASY-CORE CORING SYSTEMS (14",16",18",20"22" and 24" basesets kept in stock in the UK. Other sizes available to order)
Coring doesn't have to be a scary, unnerving experience anymore. Even novice turners with a bit of instruction (instructional video is supplied with the system), can easily remove several bowls from one blank.
Get the most from your expensive burl or bowl blank, while not feeling exhausted at the end of the process. You will have lots of energy left to core more bowls or turn that piece you've been waiting to get your hands on for the last month.
WHAT DO I NEED?
The Easy-Core Coring System is comprised of two main parts:
· Base Set comes with one way (1 3/4") clamp block as standard.
· Knife Sets
The Base Set needed is determined by the swing of the lathe. The swing is the distance from the middle of the spindle to the bed multiplied by two (i.e. a 2436 lathe has a 24" swing and therefore requires a 24" Base Set).
Any size lathe from 14" to 26" swing (with flat bedways) can be accommodated with the Easy-Core Coring System.
A Clamp Block (packaged separately) is included with the Base Unit. This will also vary from lathe to lathe. To determine the size of the Clamp Block needed, measure the distance between the bedways. This GAP determines the Clamp Block required.
The Knife Sets determine what size bowl blanks can be cored. There are four knife sets available for a complete system. These Knife Sets can be purchased separately.
The Knives are made from quality materials to ensure they hold up to the task at hand. The support fingers for knife sets #1 & #2 are constructed using 60,000 lb tensile carbon steel, whereas the support fingers for knife sets #3 & #4 are made from 100,000 lb chrome-nickel steel.
Each Knife Set includes a knife, support, and a cutter.
Cutters are replaceable and easily sharpened on a bench grinder platform. The cutters are made from HSS CPM M4 - the same steel used to make our Mastercut Turning Tools - providing an excellent cutter life.
Easy-Core Coring System
Coring doesn't have to be a scary, unnerving experience anymore.
The Oneway Easy-Core Coring System utilizes a unique method of supporting the cutting arm during the coring process to make coring an enjoyable and effortless experience for even the novice turner.
Many times woodturners have asked us how coring will benefit them as a turner. Every time we have just one answer: SAVINGS!
Coring (vs hollowing) will save you time, save your energy, save your tools, save your wood, and can save on a huge amount of clean-up!
All these things ultimately SAVE YOU MONEY!
ADVANTAGES OF CORING
1. Saves you Time
· Coring is a very time effective method to make a bowl. It is far quicker than hollowing.
2. Saves your Energy
· You are not only done faster, but it is also less physically demanding.
3. Saves your Tools
· Hollowing out a large bowl can take a large toll on your tools and grinding wheels. Depending on the wood, and the size of the bowl blank, tools can quickly become dull and require constant sharpening. Coring does require the cutter to be sharpened regularly, but the amount of sharpening required per bowl is drastically reduced. The Cutter Sharpening Jig will make sharpening the cutter a breeze and assist in preventing you from removing too much material during the sharpening process. Relatively, the cutter is extremely cheap to replace compared to purchasing new tools and grinding wheels.
4. Saves your Wood
· Whether your using a small piece of expensive wood or a log from the wood pile, coring will save your wood. Being able to get several bowls out of one piece is a bowl turners dream come true.
5. Saves you Clean-up Duty
· Hollowing a large bowl can produce a staggering amount of shavings and chips. Garbage bags can quickly be filled creating a problem with what to do with the waste. The rapid accumulation of chips on a shop floor can cause a myriad of hazards, often making it necessary to stop and clean up several times before the job is done.
WHAT MAKES THE EASY-CORE CORING SYSTEM DIFFERENT FROM IT'S COMPETITORS?
With the Easy Core Coring System you will be able to achieve the following:
Virtually no vibration. The knife in the Oneway Easy-Core rides on a curved support finger that is moved progressively into the groove as coring progresses.
With the Easy Core, because the knife is totally restrained you can quickly and easily clear chips as often as required.
No catches! The cutter has a very negative nose and a slightly positive top preventing the tool from being pulled into the wood and eliminated the catches.
More bowls from the same blank than traditional coring systems.
The cutter can be easily replaced when required. No need to purchase a whole new expensive tool.
Cutter Sharpening Jig is available to quickly and easily sharpen the cutter.
With this coring system, amateur woodturners can now core bowls like a professional.
The Easy Core system has four optional knife and curved support finger sets available. The largest giving (at most) an 18 inch core. Progressively smaller cores can be removed using all the knives. This system will fit any lathe with a flat bed, and a 16 inch swing up to a lathe with a 26 inch swing.
Please note that each knife will cut a size range of about 2 inches larger or smaller than the listed size. The curve of the knife is fixed but not the position it can be applied.
Each knife is supplied with replaceable HSS CPM M4 cutter that can be sharpened. This is the same steel we use in our master cut turning tools and will give an excellent cutter life.
NEW: We are now offering a Cutter Sharpening Jig to assist in the sharpening of the cutter. This nifty little jig is easy to use and will allow you to quickly sharpen the cutter while maintaining the cutter geometry.